Occupational Therapy Assistant
Associate of Applied Science
School: Nursing, Health and Wellness
Dean: Kathleen Hopkins, email@example.com
Program Director: Donna Knoebel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Staff: Rochelle Mezoff, email@example.com
Location: Technology Center, Room 8210, Phone: 845-574-4436
The degree will provide students with a high-quality, client-centered program that will teach them the ethics, values and beliefs of the occupational therapy profession. Students will understand and develop respect for the complexities of human diversity.
The RCC OTA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449. ACOTE's telephone number, c/o AOTA is 301-652-AOTA. (https://acote.aota.org)
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver occupational therapy assistant services at entry-level competency under the supervision of an occupational therapist.
- Demonstrate values, attitudes and behaviors congruent with the occupational therapy professions philosophy, standards and ethics.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect, report, and apply information relevant to the delivery of services as an entry-level occupational therapy assistant.
- Identify and apply relevant, current evidence in professional practice and consistently seek to improve therapeutic skills through professional development activities.
- Describe the importance of and demonstrate the ability to effectively utilize occupations identified bu the client, group or population for intervention.
- Demonstrate an ability to compare ideas and appreciate the need to adapt to diverse and alternative cultures, processes and opinions.
The Occupational Therapy Assistant program has a special admissions process with an information session for prospective students each month. Please call 845-574-4436 for detailed information about upcoming information sessions. The OTA department office is located in the Technology Center, Room 8210.