Associate of Science
Associate of Applied Science
School: Business and Professional Studies
Dean: George Repic, firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Director: James Tappan, email@example.com
Support Staff: Diane Mena, firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Academic II, Room 2337, Phone: 845-574-4330
- Encourage active informed citizenship and leadership in students through the mastery of effective written and oral communication skills and thoughtful consideration of ethical issues in today’s business world.
- Instill an appreciation and awareness of racial, ethnic, and gender issues in today’s society.
- Provide a rigorous and dynamic interdisciplinary education that will attract, motivate and prepare students for the challenges of accounting practices.
- Enhance the student personal and professional development.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify and describe generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), explain how the application of GAAP impacts the recording of financial transactions, and the preparation of financial statements.
- Apply the steps in the accounting cycle in order to prepare financial statements.
- Assess the financial condition and operating results of a company, and analyze and interpret financial statements and information to make informed business decisions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role that accountants play in business and society.
- Utilize information technology tools to conduct business effectively and efficiently.