Computer Web Development
Division: STEM and Health Professions
Division Chair: Kathleen Hopkins, email@example.com
Department Chair: Jeanette Geller, firstname.lastname@example.org
Department Support Staff: TBA
Department Office: Technology Center, Room 8307, Phone: 845-574-4577
Why Study Computer Web Development?
The Computer Web Development certificate is for students with or without prior college level course work who are interested in a career in web design.
Related disciplines include Computer Information Systems/Computer Support.
Upon completing the certificate program, students will be prepared for entry-level positions as web designers, web programmers or web server administrators.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
5 Top Reasons
To Study Computer Web Development at RCC:
- VALUE: Affordable tuition for a high-quality education.
- CAREER: Internships provide real-world experience.
- FLEXIBILITY: Part-time study can accommodate work, family, or other time commitments. On campus childcare available.
- CONVENIENCE: Courses are offered in classroom, online or hybrid format.
- SUPPORT: Small class sizes, more individual attention, free tutoring, financial aid, scholarships.
Opportunities at Rockland Community College:
There are more than 40 student clubs with special interests and socializing opportunities. Activities include sports, student government, and clubs like Robotics, Video Game & Animé, Chess, Computers, Art, Christian Fellowship, Environment, Haitian, Habitat for Humanity, Hillel, and Outlook, the award-winning student newspaper.
The certificate program provides students with the skills needed to design web pages.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Design, create, upload, and edit web pages
- Develop skills using a variety of web page development tools
- Develop critical thinking, reasoning, and problem solving skills