Associate of Science
Associate of Applied Science (Online Degree also available!)
Division: Business and Professional/Public Service
Division Chair: Catherine M. Roche, email@example.com
Discipline Coordinator: Ronald de Ramon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Department Support Staff: Diane Mena, email@example.com
Department Office: Academic II, Room 2350, Phone: 845-574-4330
Why Study Business Administration?
Today’s business world is constantly changing, challenged by national and global financial transformations and legislative, social, ethical and environmental changes. People who earn business administration degrees and learn to effectively navigate this changing business world develop great potential for high earning power and lifetime employment opportunities.
Students wanting a baccalaureate degree should pursue the Associate of Science degree at RCC. The Associate of Applied Science degree or Certificate program is for students looking for immediate employment after graduation, or who are already working in the field and want to enhance their skills and promotion opportunities, or for individuals pursuing a career change.
The AAS in Business Administration can be completed on-campus, online or a combination of both.
Related disciplines include Entrepreneurship and International Business.
Graduates of this program will be prepared for entry-level employment in public and private companies of all sizes, and in virtually all industry sectors. Career paths include marketing, insurance, banking, finance, small business management and human resources.
5 Top Reasons
To Study Business Administration at RCC:
- VALUE: Affordable tuition, financial aid, scholarships.
- TRANSFER: Agreements with many four-year colleges for seamless transfer to pursue multiple bachelor degree options.
- FLEXIBILITY: Balance part-time study with work, family or other time commitments. On-campus childcare available.
- CAREER: A wide range of internships to provide real-world experience.
- SUPPORT: Small class sizes, more individual attention, free tutoring.
Opportunities at Rockland Community College:
There are several opportunities to gain practical business skills through extra-curricular activities on campus including: the Entrepreneurial Business Plan Competition, where students compete for a $1,000 cash award; Rotaract, sponsored by the Rotary Club of New City; and Alpha Beta Gamma, the business honor society that recognizes scholarship among two-year college students.
A degree in Business Administration provides students with a solid, broad-based foundation in business, accounting, marketing and other related areas. The program will instill an appreciation and awareness of the racial, ethnic and gender issues in today’s business world, enhance the student’s personal and professional development, and encourage active informed citizenship and leadership.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of and skills in the functional areas of business
- Integrate elements of the various business disciplines in the examination and solution of business problems
- Demonstrate competency in written and oral communication
- Understand and recognize the impact of globalization and global business on society and the economy
- Develop awareness of ethical, social, financial and legal principles
- Develop both personal and interpersonal skills such as teamwork and leadership