Associate of Science
Associate of Applied Science
Division: Business, Social and Behavioral Science, and Professional/Public Service
Division Chair: Kristie Morris, email@example.com
Department Chair: George Repic, firstname.lastname@example.org
Discipline Coordinator: James Tappen, email@example.com
Department Support Staff: Diane Mena, firstname.lastname@example.org
Department Office: Academic II, Room 2350, Phone: 845-574-4330
Why Study Marketing?
Marketing professionals work with advertising and promotion managers to promote an organization’s products and services. They estimate the demand for products and services offered by the firm and its competitors, and identify potential markets for the products. Marketing managers develop pricing strategies to help firms maximize profits and market share while ensuring that customers are satisfied.
Related disciplines include Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, and Communication Media Arts.
Foundation courses in marketing, business and liberal arts prepare students for transfer to a four-year degree program in Marketing or Business Administration. Pursue employment in advertising, sales, retailing and public relations at small businesses, large corporations, marketing firms and other types of business firms.
5 Top Reasons
To Study Marketing at RCC:
- INTERNSHIPS: Gain credit and experience at venues that include advertising agencies, media and financial institutions.
- TRANSFER: Transfer agreements with many four-year colleges with the flexibility to select from several different four-year degrees.
- SUPPORT: Dedicated faculty, small class sizes. Free tutoring.
- VALUE: Affordable tuition, high-quality education. Scholarships and honors programs.
- FLEXIBILITY: Earn this degree entirely online, or through a combination of course types.
Opportunities at Rockland Community College:
Extracurricular activities include the Entrepreneurial Business Plan Competition, where students compete for a $1,000 cash award; Rotaract, sponsored by the Rotary Club of New City; and Alpha Beta Gamma, the business honor society that recognizes scholarship among two-year college students.
The degrees provide a rigorous and dynamic interdisciplinary education that will attract, motivate and prepare students for the challenges facing marketing professionals. In addition, students will master effective oral and written communication, become active informed citizens and leaders, and obtain an understanding of the ethical, racial and gender issues in today’s business world.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze the characteristics, motivations, and behaviors of consumers.
- Utilize information and technology tools to conduct business effectively and efficiently.
- Analyze the influence of external factors on marketing.
- Analyze the elements of the marketing mix, their interrelationships, and how they are used in the marketing process.
- Apply the steps in the accounting cycle in order to prepare financial statements.