Associate of Science
Division: Business, Social and Behavioral Science, and Professional/Public Service
Division Chair: Kristie Morris, firstname.lastname@example.org
Department Chair: George Repic, email@example.com
Discipline Coordinator: James Tappen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Department Support Staff: Diane Mena, email@example.com
Department Office: Academic II, Room 2350, Phone: 845-574-4330
Why Study International Business?
The degree in International Business will prepare students with the fundamental skills in international business, marketing and finance that will prepare students to transfer to a baccalaureate program in international business or other business-related fields.
Related disciplines include Entrepreneurship and Business Administration.
The degree in international business provides students with foundation courses in international business, marketing, finance and liberal arts in preparation for transfer to a four-year degree program in international business or other business programs. Students who complete this degree program and programs to which they may transfer may find positions in international finance, marketing, law, insurance, education or related fields.
5 Top Reasons
To Study International Business at RCC:
- VALUE: Affordable tuition, financial aid, scholarships.
- CAREER: A wide range of internships to provide real-world experience.
- FLEXIBILITY: Balance part-time study with work, family or other time commitments. On-campus childcare available.
- SUPPORT: Small class sizes, more individual attention, free tutoring.
- TRANSFER: Agreements with many four-year colleges for seamless transfer to pursue multiple bachelor’s degree options.
Opportunities at Rockland Community College:
There are several opportunities to gain practical business skills through extracurricular activities on campus including: the Entrepreneurial Business Plan Competition, where students compete for a $1,000 cash award; Rotaract, sponsored by the Rotary Club of New City; and Alpha Beta Gamma, the business honor society that recognizes scholarship among two-year college students.
The degree provides a rigorous and dynamic interdisciplinary education that will attract, motivate and prepare students for the challenges facing business professionals in a global society. In addition, students will master effective and oral written communication, become active informed citizens and leaders, and obtain an understanding of the ethical, racial and gender issues in today’s business world.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze the special challenges in operations, human resources, and strategic management in international business.
- Utilize information and technology tools to conduct business effectively and efficiently.
- Describe the interrelationship of social, cultural, political, legal, and economic factors that shape and impact the international business environment.
- Apply marketing concepts to international business situations and explain the concepts, role, and importance of international finance and risk management.
- Apply the steps in the accounting cycle to prepare financial statements.